Peel Away All Imperfections
Chemical Peeling is a skin treatment procedure in which a chemical solution is applied on to the skin to exfoliate its outermost layer and induce new skin cells growth. Chemical peeling at Rejuvie is often used to treat wrinkles, uneven skin tone / facial spots, and acne scar. Peeling can be done in combination with other cosmetic procedures and for different skin depths. Chemical peeling for deeper skin layer will have more apparent results but will need longer time to recover.
Before chemical peeling, please consult with Rejuvie dermatologist first. Our doctor will first review your medical history, do some physical examinations, and discuss the problems and targets that you desire. Then the doctor will decide the regiment for your tailored peeling program. Before chemical peeling, the doctor may tell you to use certain cream and avoid certain medicines / cosmetics.
Purpose of Peeling
To exfoliate the outer layer of the skin to regenerate the facial skin and repair its beauty in a safe manner.
Benefits of Peeling
- Improve skin texture and treat aging skin
- Reduce wrinkles
- Promote skin cells regeneration
- Reduce hyperpigmentation or facial spots
- Lessens the appearance of acne scar
Side Effects of Peeling
- Redness, scabbing, swelling. These are the common side effects that occurs as part of the healing process after peeling. The duration varies from weeks to months depending on the depths of peeling.
- Changes in skin color. The treated skin may become darker (hyperpigmented) or lighter (hypopigmented) than before. Hyperpigmentation may occur in light peeling while hypopigmentation in deep peeling. However, this side effect usually occur in patients with originally darker skin.
- After peeling, there could be bacterial, viral, or fungal infection if the skin is not treated cleanly. For those with herpes, herpetic skin flare-up may occur.
- Although rare, chemical peeling may cause scarring especially on the lower part of the face. Your doctor may give you certain medications for this.