After having Botox injections it is very important to follow the Botox after care instructions we provide you, to ensure the efficiency of the treatment.
- Please do not lay down for the first 4 hours after having the injections
- Please do not use hot water on the area for the first 24 hours.
- Avoid excessive sweating, saunas and exercise for the first 24 hours.
- Stay out of direct sunlight for 24 hours.
- Avoid massages in the area treated for the first 14 days.
Side effects from Botox can include a mild headache, very small bumps in the area injected and some slight bruising. Generally these side effects will subside after a few days.
- Do not massage in the injected area for at least 10-14 days after the treatment.
- Do not have IPL, laser treatment, microdermabrasion or chemical peel within 14 days after the injections.
- For the first 24 hours avoid sauna or any activity that will make you sweat.
- Do not wash the area with hot water for the first 24 hours
- Do not lie down the first 4 hours
- Avoid the sun the day of injections
- Use a sunscreen with minimum SPF 30 the first few days after injections
Possible Side Effects After Botox
- Swelling in the injected area. Use icepack and keep your head elevated. Swelling will go down after 2 – 3 days
- Bruising in the injected area. Use icepack. Using Arnica, either as topical cream or in tablet form, will help heal bruising. Bruising may last from 1 to 7 days.
- Headache. Please take Paracetamol 3 – 4 times a day. Headache should go away after 2 – 3 days.
- Droopy eyes. Compress with hot towel several times a day. If possible, come to the clinic for a follow up care.