After Care Botox
After-care instructions for Botox injections
- Do not massage in the injected area for at least 10-14 days after the treatment.
- Do not have IPL, laser treatment, microdermabrasion or chemical peel within 14 days after the injections.
- For the first 24 hours avoid sauna or any activity that will make you sweat.
- Do not wash the area with hot water for the first 24 hours
- Do not lie down the first 4 hours
- Avoid the sun the day of injections
- Use a sunscreen with minimum SPF 30 the first few days after injections
Possible side effects after Botox
- Swelling in the injected area. Use icepack and keep your head elevated. Swelling will go down after 2 – 3 days
- Bruising in the injected area. Use icepack. Using Arnica, either as topical cream or in tablet form, will help heal bruising. Bruising may last from 1 to 7 days.
- Headache. Please take Paracetamol 3 – 4 times a day. Headache should go away after 2 – 3 days.
- Droopy eyes. Compress with hot towel several times a day. If possible, come to the clinic for a follow up care.
Repeat treatment and maintenance
Repeat treatment will in some cases be necessary. At Rejuvie Aesthetic & Anti-Aging we guarantee that the Botox will work in the injected areas. If you do not see any result after 10-14 days, please come back for a free touch-up.
To maintain the effect of the Botox you will need new injections after 4 months.