After-care instructions for Mole Removal
- Drink plenty of water following the treatment.
- Do not touch, scratch or force the peeling process.
- Cover the area with Garamycin cream and sterile gauze for at least 6 hours post treatment (we will provide this for you).
- The first 5 days apply Garamycin cream to treat the skin. Make sure the wound is clean and dry before applying the antibiotic cream.
- Stay out of the sun for at least 7 days. After that use a sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30.
Possible side effects after Mole Removal
- Red and sore skin. Paracetamol 500mg 3 times a day can reduce the pain. Also apply a cold compress with saline water and gauze will help.
- After 3-4 days the skin will be very dry. Please use Garamycin Cream on day 1-5 and then regular moisturizer there after.
- Around day 5-7 the skin will start to dry up and sometimes peel off. This is normal and it is important NOT to force the peeling process.
- In general the skin will be very sensitive and sore for the first week. Stay out of the sun and let the healing take its course, and make sure that the treated area remains clean.
- In rare occasions infection can occur. Please contact the clinic if you experience any infection in the treated area during the first week.
You might want to consider: